Day 2’s diapers include:
- Sweet Pea Diaper one-size pocket was easy to use, but the size seems run a little small–DS is already using the largest snap setting. The front snap wasn’t too hard to handle; maybe it was just DS being cooperative. Its price point is the most attractive feature.
- bumGenius sized AIO: Initially, I wasn’t sure what to make of the large size I received from the Peekaboo Bottoms test drive package. I was surprised it fitted DS perfectly! This and all subsequent bumGenius I have tested are every bit as good as I thought they would be, except that all I really want is side snap now. 🙂
- bumGenius one-size 3.0: After using the large size AIO, I set the one-size to the largest setting before putting it on DS, which also fitted him snugly. It was an overnight diaper so it was double-stuffed, and all the moisture was contained with no leaking. I think this will be my night diaper of choice.
- The bumGenius organic cotton one-size AIO I bought was a snap closure, which is so much harder to find. Since it is cotton, it took forever dry. Although it doesn’t seem to hold as much as the microfiber insert, I still like the idea of putting a natural fabric as the top layer. Like the one-size 3.0, I set it to the largest setting.
- The Wahmies one-size pocket I bought was with snaps only instead of the hook shown. I like it being trimmer than other diapers I’ve tried so far.
Additionally, a small accident happened on Day 1 which I didn’t realize until today: while putting on the Thirsties AIO yesterday, my mom put Vaseline on DS’s bum bum. I didn’t know about it, and washed all of Day 1’s diapers along with the Gro Baby shells and the Smartipants + inserts.
Now I have to test and maybe strip all of them. 😦
Yay! I received 4 packages of fluffy mail on Monday, from The Nappy Shoppe, Parenting By Nature, More Than Cloth Diapers, and Peekaboo Bottoms. Then I received another 2 fluffy mail on Tuesday, from The Nappy Shoppe (yes, again) and Smartipants.
Diapers — bought:
- Hemp organic one-size fitted (natural)
- Bamboo fitted (natural)
- BerryPlush AIO (jaguar, medium)
- Luxe Baby wool soaker (lime, medium/large)
- Kissaluvs organic fitted (medium)
- Fuzzi Bunz one-size pocket (red)
- Fuzzi Bunz pocket (print: under the sea, medium)
- Knickernappies one-size pocket (turquoise)
- bumGenius AIO one-size (grasshopper, snap)
- Thirsties Fab fitted (celery, medium)
- Sweet Pea one-size pocket (black)
- Happy Heinys one-size pocket (cheetah spots)
- Wahmies one-size pocket (blue dot)
- bumGenius 3.0 one-size pocket (moombeam)
- 10 x G-Flappers insert (bamboo velour + bamboo terry + bamboo fleece, medium/large)
- 2 3-pack Smartipants one-size pocket (neutral colour pack and boy colour)
- 3 Gro Baby one-size AI2 (blackberry hook, kiwi hook, vanilla snap) with 2 extra soaker pads and 2 booster pads
Diapers — test drive from Peekaboo Bottom:
- bumGenius one-size pocket
- Happy Heiny one-size pocket (velcro)
- Blueberry one-size pocket (snap)
- Fuzzi Bunz one-size pocket
- Happy Heiny pocket (medium)
- Swaddlebee AIO
- Thirsties AIO
- AppleCheeks pocket
- Fuzzi Bunz pocket
- bumGenius AIO
- Haba Toys clutching ducky
- Heirloom organic cotton ball
- Heirloom organic cotton toy block set
- Pippalily sling (dragonfly, small)
- Leslie’s Boutique diaper bag with matching wet bag (daisy dreams)
- Leslie’s Boutique wet bag (print: zazu zinnia, medium)
- Kozy Carrier mei tai (print: spotslyvania, straps: black)
- Wahmies pail liner (print: cow print)
- Imse Vimse Flushable Liners
Posted in Cloth Diaper
Tagged applecheeks, baby carrier, berryplush, blueberry, bumgenius, clothdiaper, fuzzi bunz, g-flappers, gear, gro baby, haba toys, happy heinys, heirloom, imse vimse, kissaluvs, knickernappies, leslie's boutique, luxe baby, mei tai, more than cloth diapers, nappy shoppe, parenting by nature, peekaboo bottoms, pippalily, sling, smartipants, swaddlebee, sweet pea, thirsties, toys, wahmies
I ordered a total of 7 one-size all-in-one cloth diapers today (two 3-packs of Smartipants and one bumGenius one-size). This is in addition to the gDiapers starter kits I already have, two additional gDiapers starter kits and a case of gRefills flushable inserts for the gDiapers arriving tomorrow, plus 10 g-Flapper bamboo inserts for the gDiapers I ordered along with the bumGenius.
Why would I order all these diapers when I already have three boxes of size-3 Pampers diapers sitting at home? And why do I want to switch to cloth all of a sudden anyway?
In truth, I had contemplated going cloth since before DS was born. I was talked out of it by the following reasons:
- It’s a lot of work.
- It’s messy (and icky)!
However, the people who warned me against cloth diapering were armed with outdated information. My warnings on cloth diapers were from my own mother and my mother-in-law, whose cloth diapering experiences were 30 years old and consisted of flats and safety pins. I am fairly confident almost nobody uses flats now–the closest to flats would be prefolds, and Snappis and diaper covers have all but eliminated the need of safety pins.
In hindsight, part of me was glad that I listened. As DS was exclusively breastfed, he was pooping during every meal when he was a newborn. That was a lot of diapers I didn’t have to wash. However, things on disposable-land weren’t much of an improvement, as I had to deal with many blowout episodes anyway.
Lately, the part of me who wanted cloth diapers have found out about all-in-ones, which are as close to disposables as cloth diapers can be. Then, yet other part of me who thinks DS will outgrow sized diapers too fast for them to be worth the money found out about one-size all-in-ones. These two parts motivated me to make all the purchases I mentioned above.
I probably won’t order more diapers for now. After all, I still have the three boxes of Pampers to deal with.