Yay! I received 4 packages of fluffy mail on Monday, from The Nappy Shoppe, Parenting By Nature, More Than Cloth Diapers, and Peekaboo Bottoms. Then I received another 2 fluffy mail on Tuesday, from The Nappy Shoppe (yes, again) and Smartipants.
Diapers — bought:
- Hemp organic one-size fitted (natural)
- Bamboo fitted (natural)
- BerryPlush AIO (jaguar, medium)
- Luxe Baby wool soaker (lime, medium/large)
- Kissaluvs organic fitted (medium)
- Fuzzi Bunz one-size pocket (red)
- Fuzzi Bunz pocket (print: under the sea, medium)
- Knickernappies one-size pocket (turquoise)
- bumGenius AIO one-size (grasshopper, snap)
- Thirsties Fab fitted (celery, medium)
- Sweet Pea one-size pocket (black)
- Happy Heinys one-size pocket (cheetah spots)
- Wahmies one-size pocket (blue dot)
- bumGenius 3.0 one-size pocket (moombeam)
- 10 x G-Flappers insert (bamboo velour + bamboo terry + bamboo fleece, medium/large)
- 2 3-pack Smartipants one-size pocket (neutral colour pack and boy colour)
- 3 Gro Baby one-size AI2 (blackberry hook, kiwi hook, vanilla snap) with 2 extra soaker pads and 2 booster pads
Diapers — test drive from Peekaboo Bottom:
- bumGenius one-size pocket
- Happy Heiny one-size pocket (velcro)
- Blueberry one-size pocket (snap)
- Fuzzi Bunz one-size pocket
- Happy Heiny pocket (medium)
- Swaddlebee AIO
- Thirsties AIO
- AppleCheeks pocket
- Fuzzi Bunz pocket
- bumGenius AIO
- Haba Toys clutching ducky
- Heirloom organic cotton ball
- Heirloom organic cotton toy block set
- Pippalily sling (dragonfly, small)
- Leslie’s Boutique diaper bag with matching wet bag (daisy dreams)
- Leslie’s Boutique wet bag (print: zazu zinnia, medium)
- Kozy Carrier mei tai (print: spotslyvania, straps: black)
- Wahmies pail liner (print: cow print)
- Imse Vimse Flushable Liners
Posted in Cloth Diaper
Tagged applecheeks, baby carrier, berryplush, blueberry, bumgenius, clothdiaper, fuzzi bunz, g-flappers, gear, gro baby, haba toys, happy heinys, heirloom, imse vimse, kissaluvs, knickernappies, leslie's boutique, luxe baby, mei tai, more than cloth diapers, nappy shoppe, parenting by nature, peekaboo bottoms, pippalily, sling, smartipants, swaddlebee, sweet pea, thirsties, toys, wahmies
I didn’t find out about Peekaboo Bottom’s cloth diaper test drive programs until I have already ordered a stash. However, I still signed up to test the diapers I haven’t ordered.
The program is super easy and useful for anyone wanting to try out cloth diapers but not sure where to start or even whether it is for them: you select a package you want to try, pay for it with deposit included in the amount, and they will send you a few different used diapers (one of each). You can then use them for two weeks. After you send them back the (cleaned!) diapers two weeks later, they will refund you the deposit if they find everything fine. Alternatively, you can keep all the diapers and opt not to get the deposit back.
I chose packages A+B (package A is one-sizes, package B is all-in-ones). I was also tempted to try package C (fitteds and covers), but that can probably wait until later. Package D is newborn diapers, and my DS has definitely outgrown them–I doubt they would’ve fitted him for two months anyway.
On top of the test drive packages, I also ordered a Kozy Carrier from Peekaboo Bottoms. This will be the 5th baby carrier I have, in addition to the Hotslings, Moby Wrap, and BabyTrekker I have on hand, and a Pippalily I ordered earlier today. I fancy a mei tai-style carrier will be easier for me to get around the house and actually do something. The Hotslings, while simple and convenient, just didn’t cut it, because DS wiggles in the side carry position and I constantly had to keep one hand on him.
Hopefully I won’t mix up the test drive diapers with the ones I actually bought!