Since I don’t have Original Dawn at home, I couldn’t strip my now clean-but-water-repelling diapers. All other cloth diapers were dirty. Besides, I was planning to go out today. It was the perfect day to try the G-Flapper cloth insert for gDiapers.
The G-Flappers I ordered were all-bamboo. I use the bamboo velour as top layer because it is the softest, but really any layer would do.
After I got home, I switched to Gro Baby. I love their hook closure! (I haven’t tried the snap closure yet.) Since the top part of the whole front panel is a very soft loop, I could easily put the diaper on DS despite his usual rolling and wiggling. For better or worse, DS decided to poop in it while fighting sleep–luckily, everything was caught by the soaker pad, and I can reuse the shell with a clean soaker pad.
He is now wearing a Gro Baby with a booster pad on top of the soaker pad. I suspect it won’t last through the night, so I already have another Gro Baby with booster pad lying by my bedside.
Day 2’s diapers include:
- Sweet Pea Diaper one-size pocket was easy to use, but the size seems run a little small–DS is already using the largest snap setting. The front snap wasn’t too hard to handle; maybe it was just DS being cooperative. Its price point is the most attractive feature.
- bumGenius sized AIO: Initially, I wasn’t sure what to make of the large size I received from the Peekaboo Bottoms test drive package. I was surprised it fitted DS perfectly! This and all subsequent bumGenius I have tested are every bit as good as I thought they would be, except that all I really want is side snap now. 🙂
- bumGenius one-size 3.0: After using the large size AIO, I set the one-size to the largest setting before putting it on DS, which also fitted him snugly. It was an overnight diaper so it was double-stuffed, and all the moisture was contained with no leaking. I think this will be my night diaper of choice.
- The bumGenius organic cotton one-size AIO I bought was a snap closure, which is so much harder to find. Since it is cotton, it took forever dry. Although it doesn’t seem to hold as much as the microfiber insert, I still like the idea of putting a natural fabric as the top layer. Like the one-size 3.0, I set it to the largest setting.
- The Wahmies one-size pocket I bought was with snaps only instead of the hook shown. I like it being trimmer than other diapers I’ve tried so far.
Additionally, a small accident happened on Day 1 which I didn’t realize until today: while putting on the Thirsties AIO yesterday, my mom put Vaseline on DS’s bum bum. I didn’t know about it, and washed all of Day 1’s diapers along with the Gro Baby shells and the Smartipants + inserts.
Now I have to test and maybe strip all of them. 😦
Yay! I received 4 packages of fluffy mail on Monday, from The Nappy Shoppe, Parenting By Nature, More Than Cloth Diapers, and Peekaboo Bottoms. Then I received another 2 fluffy mail on Tuesday, from The Nappy Shoppe (yes, again) and Smartipants.
Diapers — bought:
- Hemp organic one-size fitted (natural)
- Bamboo fitted (natural)
- BerryPlush AIO (jaguar, medium)
- Luxe Baby wool soaker (lime, medium/large)
- Kissaluvs organic fitted (medium)
- Fuzzi Bunz one-size pocket (red)
- Fuzzi Bunz pocket (print: under the sea, medium)
- Knickernappies one-size pocket (turquoise)
- bumGenius AIO one-size (grasshopper, snap)
- Thirsties Fab fitted (celery, medium)
- Sweet Pea one-size pocket (black)
- Happy Heinys one-size pocket (cheetah spots)
- Wahmies one-size pocket (blue dot)
- bumGenius 3.0 one-size pocket (moombeam)
- 10 x G-Flappers insert (bamboo velour + bamboo terry + bamboo fleece, medium/large)
- 2 3-pack Smartipants one-size pocket (neutral colour pack and boy colour)
- 3 Gro Baby one-size AI2 (blackberry hook, kiwi hook, vanilla snap) with 2 extra soaker pads and 2 booster pads
Diapers — test drive from Peekaboo Bottom:
- bumGenius one-size pocket
- Happy Heiny one-size pocket (velcro)
- Blueberry one-size pocket (snap)
- Fuzzi Bunz one-size pocket
- Happy Heiny pocket (medium)
- Swaddlebee AIO
- Thirsties AIO
- AppleCheeks pocket
- Fuzzi Bunz pocket
- bumGenius AIO
- Haba Toys clutching ducky
- Heirloom organic cotton ball
- Heirloom organic cotton toy block set
- Pippalily sling (dragonfly, small)
- Leslie’s Boutique diaper bag with matching wet bag (daisy dreams)
- Leslie’s Boutique wet bag (print: zazu zinnia, medium)
- Kozy Carrier mei tai (print: spotslyvania, straps: black)
- Wahmies pail liner (print: cow print)
- Imse Vimse Flushable Liners
Posted in Cloth Diaper
Tagged applecheeks, baby carrier, berryplush, blueberry, bumgenius, clothdiaper, fuzzi bunz, g-flappers, gear, gro baby, haba toys, happy heinys, heirloom, imse vimse, kissaluvs, knickernappies, leslie's boutique, luxe baby, mei tai, more than cloth diapers, nappy shoppe, parenting by nature, peekaboo bottoms, pippalily, sling, smartipants, swaddlebee, sweet pea, thirsties, toys, wahmies
I mentioned in my last post that I wasn’t planning to buy any more cloth diapers for now.
Partly thanks to last night’s #clothdiapers chat, I ordered two (sized) pocket diapers from GADBaby, and three Gro Baby one-size diapers (two with hooks, one with snaps).
That brings the total of my cloth diaper stash to a dozen, not counting the gDiapers + gFlappers combination.
On top of all the diaper purchases, I bought a cloth diaper pattern from Little Comet Tails and a few yards of cloth–yes, I am going to sew my own diaper!
(And I don’t even own a sewing machine. Yet.)
I am also tempted to buy a prefolds kit by Bummis. Someone please stop me before I do!