I’ll kickstart my Diaper Quick Review series with my first foray out of the world of disposable diapers: gDiapers.
Things I like:
- Versatile: have the option to go with flushable inserts (a.k.a. flushies) and cloth (I use gFlappers from Nappy Shoppe).
- Travel: Flushies are great for travel.
- Cute: They come in a good selection of colours. In addition, the gPants are made in mostly cotton, making them great for dyeing and embroidery.
- Night use: I used to use 2 all bamboo gFlappers for night time, but now switch to 2 flushies.
Things I don’t like:
- Steeper learning curve: My mom doesn’t know front from back, sometimes forgets the snap-in liner, and generally has problem getting a good fit.
- Leaks: Since I use 2 flushies or gFlappers at night, it’s hard to get a perfect fit on DS who escapes from all diaper changes in no time. I sometimes get leaks the next morning.
- Velcro: Some of my gPants have bad velcro. Some of them have so-so velcro. In general they’re much easier to get caught in clothes than other diapers.
- Cost: Flushies are more expensive than disposable diapers.
Verdict: 9 out of 10