I found out about wholesomebabyfood.com yesterday and I adapted one of the apple recipes (can’t find the link now) today:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut an organic royal gala apple into quarters and core. Leave peel on.
- Place the apple quarters into a shallow baking dish.
- Fill the baking dish with enough water to cover most of the apple, but not covering the hallowed core.
- Sprinkle nutmeg into the core.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove apple pieces from the baking dish and let cool to touch.
- Peel the apple and cut into 1″ pieces.
- Puree the apple in food processor.
At this point, I poured the apple puree into baby cubes and freeze them, save for what I would use for the immediate meal. I then took a baby cube of pureed chicken (steamed ground chicken) from the freezer, heated it up in the microwave, and added it to the food processor for further blending.
I was worried DS would not like this meal. I mixed steamed sweet potatoes with chicken last time and he didn’t like it at all. It’s also his first venture into spices. Imagine my delight when he finished the whole meal. 🙂